2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

lost document (97)

My dad is using Windows 95 MS word 97. He was in his document when he thinks he pushed the Ctrl instead of the Shift to make a cap letter. He said his word document disappeared. He messed around then just shot the computer off. We tried all weekend to find his document but could not. If he some how deleted everything in his document and saved it with a blink page is there a way to get it back? Because how when you go to open that word document (Income) there is a blink document. We went under find file/folders and typed one of the names on the document but could not find the one he lost

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: lost document (97)

Have you read <post:=594,510>post 594,510</post:>?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes I did read that post.

Thanks

Pressing Ctrl+N will create a new blank document. Usually the original document will remain behind the new one.

Pressing Ctrl+W will close the document, but Word will prompt to save if there are unsaved changes.

You could search for any .asd files -- I believe that is the extension used for AutoRecovery Save files.

And, most importantly, never shut off a computer without solving the problem first! If, for example, he did a Ctrl+A (select all) and then typed new text that replaced everything, as long as the document has not been closed, he can use Undo to get the text back.