2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't get into Yahoo Mail (Netscape, Firefox, Mozilla-current)

I have multiple mail accounts on Yahoo. But even with tabs, I can't have them all open in the same browser. So I have decided to have multiple browsers just to have each account easy to access. But in Firefox, Mozilla, and Netscape, they won't accept my password. F & M just keep asking for the password over & over. Netscape says "your browser is not set to accept cookies." This drives me insane. In my settings, Netscape has "I trust this site" and I DO have it set to accept cookies. What am I missing?

Thanks

Re: Can't get into Yahoo Mail (Netscape, Firefox,

Firefox works with my Yahoo mail account. To verify your cookie handling rules for Mail.Yahoo.com, try Tools>Options..., Privacy section, Cookies tab, and see whether your settings resemble mine (illustrated below). Also check on whether you are accepting pop-ups and have JavaScript enabled, in case those are relevant. If you are using any Extensions that relate to privacy features, try disabling them temporarily. If your firewall or security suite treats Firefox differently than Internet Explorer, try to adjust those settings as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did everything you said, but still my password (which is good) is never accepted. I have Norton Internet Security 2006. What do you mean about how my firewall treats the browsers? I use MSIE and Opera, and they take my pasword fine.

Thanks

In Norton Internet Security, there is a privacy feature that regulates which web sites are allowed to receive certain information. Make sure that you have ok'd mail.yahoo.com and any other relevant Yahoo domains.

Try using Firefox's Safe Mode and see whether that works: Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base