3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When does a form filter become active (2003)

I have some code in the Load event of a form that creates an SQL string that creates a table. The code uses a field called AllocID to filter the rows that will be added to the new table. The AllocID is used in the Where string that opens the form (e.g. "[AllocID] = '02411_IR' AND SummaryStatus = 'A'") which is visible in the form's filter from within the Load event. I was expecting the current record to be one with an AllocID as defined in the filter but when I create the where clause part of the SQL string the AllocID is Null. Does the filter get applied to the form after the Load event?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: When does a form filter become active (2003)

You can pass the AllocID in the OpenArgs argument of DoCmd.OpenForm; you can then use Me.OpenArgs in the On Open or On Load event of the form.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I had thought of that but my question was aiming at a more fundamental level. I often put a lot of code in the onLoad event of a form and up until now I have made reference to the values of bound controls in that code. Normally this has worked but I wonder if I have just been lucky with the timing.

Regards
    Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In general, the value of bound controls should be available to the On Load event. Could it be that there are no records satisfying the WhereCondition (Filter)?