New Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for an Outlook add-in (outlook 2003)

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how I might be able to get hold of the zip file (code29.zip) for a code sample for an Outlook add-in (with Outlook and Word templates) called "Time & Expense Billing Application, Version 2".

There's an article on this app on the MSDN web site by Helen Feddema who is the author of the code, and there's a link to the code sample from her web site at http://www.helenfeddema.com/CodeSamples.htm . But, alas, the download links don't work for any of the code samples listed there, and messages to her e-mail address given on the site don't go through.

Thought I'd try asking here, because I know Helen Fedemma has a connection with Woody's, or maybe someone here has a copy of the file, but my apologies if this sort of post is out of line for the forum.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Looking for an Outlook add-in (outlook 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Downloading from Helen Feddema's website is often problematic, but not all the time. So I'd try again once a day or so.

We're not in direct contact with Helen, and we havne't heard from her in quite a while. Sorry.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi there Hans, and thanks for the reply and encouragement. I've tried the link several times over the past week or two, but it's reassuring to know that might not be unusual, and I won't give up.

Helen's little app just sounded as if it could be very handy for my needs, but maybe I'll be inspired to devise my own solution!

best wishes
    David

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I couldn't get Helen's code sample #29 to download either, if it makes you feel any better. For other possibilities (I haven't looked at any of these) see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#bill.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, John, for the commiseration!

Slipstick is where I found the original link to Helen Feddema's MSDN articles. I have checked out several a few of the other time & billing Journal enhancements linked from Slipstick and elsewhere, and they either cost a lot of bucks or don't work or they add little to what you can contrive to do anyway with a combination of Journal and Contacts and Categories. But Helen F's little app looked as if it got things just right.

Pity!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I used Helen's system for quite a while and have a copy in my software library. It is about 1 MB zipped and I would be happy to e-mail it to you. If you can accept attachments that large, please send a private message with the e-mail address to send it to.