Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2003 over 2000 (Office 2000)

I'm considering upgrading my version of Office 2000 Pro. However, I use Access about once a year to address my Christmas cards--talk about overkill. Can I upgrade with Office 2000 regular and still have my Access 2000 run?

Bruce

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2003 over 2000 (Office 2000)

From the subject of your post, I assume that you meant "Can I upgrade with Office 2003 regular". Yes, you should be able to keep on using Access 2000 after upgrading the other Office apps to the 2003 version.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2003 over 2000 (Office 2000)

FWIW - You are completely correct.

I had an opertunity to help a friend install a Pro Version of MS Office 2000 on a Server with a site License (they wanted to get rid of individual copies on employee's computers and upgrade "Everyone" at the same time).

The only problem they found with Access (or any of the MS Office products fom Standard to Pro version) was if there were complicated programming in one of the MSO applications with VB and the programmer created an external call to a VB function or procedure with the same name as an MSO Function or procedure, the program may use the wrong function or procedure (fortunately there were some smart programmers there to figure this out).

From Bruce's example - this should be no problem.
    Scott