5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adapt Code (2003)

I am trying to adapt the code in the attached spreadsheet to my data. I have modified my data to look like the data in the spreadsheet (number of columns, number of rows etc) just to test. I keep getting a runtime error 1004 - method 'name of object'_ worksheet' failed
    It highlights - wsnew.name = c.value
    It separates the data according to rep but then it adds an extra tab with just the next number sheet tab. Say - Sheet7 after it puts all the rep names.
    It leaves the extra columns it creates because the code never gets to - ws1.columns("J:L").delete.

What am I doing wrong that I keep getting this error? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adapt Code (2003)

Do you perhaps have a blank-looking cell in the Rep column that is not really blank? Try single-stepping through the code (click somewhere in your macro and press F8 to single-step). When you have executed the line
    <code>
    r = Cells(Rows.Count, "J").End(xlUp).Row
    </code>
    hover the mouse pointer over r to see its value. It should be the row number of the last populated cell in column J. If the cell in row r (in column J) looks blank, that may cause the problem.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I walked through the code. I walked through each rep. After the last rep - c = empty instead of a rep name. Then I get the error. I think it is c and not r that is the problem. I don't know why though. It looks like the code in the original sheet.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I checked my data in the Rep column and there was a blank cell. You were right. Once I fixed that the code worked. Thanks for your help.