Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re-connect tables at page break (2003)

I built a document almost entirely on a table: 2 columns, more than a few rows. The text in one cell went a wee bit long and broke over two pages. I thought the text would look and read better if that entire row began on the next page. My solution was to set a manual page break before that row. I should have waited till I finished the project. I later added material to the part of the table above the page break. I ended up with a full page 1, a very short page 2, and a mostly full page three. All the text will fit on two pages if I could but reconnect the two tables. I removed the page break, but I still have two separate tables that I can't seem to reconnect. With the show/hide icon active, I cannot see a page break.

How do I reconnect these two tables?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Re-connect tables at page break (2003)

Is there a paragraph mark between the tables? If so, try to delete that. This may be easiert in Normal view than in Print Layout view.
    Also, check for paragraph settings such as 'Keep with next' and 'Page break before' - these can make the document behave differently from what you expect.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Also check the properties of both tables to make sure that Text Wrapping is set to None, you can't merge a floating table with one that is inline.

StuartR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.GIF (22.0 KB, 0 views)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

It was the text wrapping property