4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tab Control (2000)

Hello I have a form with combo boxes that feed into a query to allow the user to constuct how a report is ordered. I have today done some maintenance of the user form and put a tab control onto it, my queries are now not working. For instance the forms!formA!combo value appears no longer to picked up by the query. Any suggestions since there quite a few combos and I could potentially have a bit of work on! Any quick fix would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Darren.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Tab Control (2000)

Putting in a tab control should not make any difference to the queries so...

When you moved the combos onto the tab control are you sure that the names of the combos were not changed? Can you trying using the expression builder with one of them and see what it comes up with?

I am not sure if this is relevant, but this is one problem that I find happens when I add a tab control to an existing form. When you cut and paste controls, they often lose their connection with their event procedures and you need to reconnect them. The procedure is still there, but it needs to be connected back to the control.
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

John, it is relevant, it is the event procedures that have fallen over.

Thank you, Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If the event procedures aren't executed: click in each relevant event, then click the ... button on the right hand side. This should take you to the correct event procedure. You'll have to repeat this for each relevant event.

If, however, an expression such as Forms!FormName!ControlName causes an error, your control may have been renamed. Check the names of the controls you moved to the tab control.