Lounger
    Thanks

Startup templates conflict (2000)

I have a main company template in my startup directory that has some custom menus, toolbars and macros that everyone has access to. We are in the process of test DeltaView (a competitor of CompareRite) and it copies a template into the Startup folder. It does not seem to effect my macros or toolbars in my company template but does effect an extra pull-down menu. The company pull-down menu does not appear as a menu choice. If I go into Templates and Add Ins and disable the DeltaView template, my menu appears. Anyone have any clues?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Startup templates conflict (2000)

There's something in the DeltaView global template that is not playing well with others.

You'd be doing a service if you contact Workshare (makers of DeltaView) and provide them with details on the problem, so that they can come up with a different method that doesn't conflict with existing customized menus.

I've heard tell that the Workshare people are (were) receptive to feedback of this kind.

Gary

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Startup templates conflict (2000)

Absolutely contact Workshare Technology. We have been using DeltaView successfully for about a year now. DeltaView does not place a template in our startup folder. All the DeltaView information is stored in the Crogram filesWorksharedeltaview folder. We are using DV 2.5 with DocsOpen 3.9. If you are using DeltaView Premier or DV 2.6 the setup may be different.

All the support folks at DeltaView have been very helpful in configuring the setup. They will have an answer.

We have had a similar problem in a conflict with DocXTools and WordRecovery because they both grab the same menu and we can't have both loaded at the same time.

Please post the resolution to your problem for others to see because we'll all be using DeltaView (or MS Weird - Send for Review) when CompareRite is retired in February 2002.

Thanks.