New Lounger
    Thanks

Error 3022 (2003)

I'm continuously getting Error 3022 anytime I try data entry in the subform: "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. (Error 3022)
    You tried to duplicate a value in a field that is the underlying table's primary key or an index that does not allow duplicates. The message includes the following instruction: Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries, and try again."

I inherited this form so I don't know too much about it. But I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make this thing work properly.

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error 3022 (2003)

Steve:

Kindly consider posting a copy of your DB with confidential data removed. The attachment limit is 100 Kb.

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/faq_...pl?Cat=#attach

I didn't spot anything horrendously bad in your code.

New Lounger
    Thanks

A stripped-down version of my DB is running around 7000Kb. Good to know nothing's wrong with the code though.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The code is only half of the problem. The underlying issue is that either the key fields are improperly defined, or that a form is not setup properly to add new records.

Without looking at the DB, it is guesswork.