Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Save control to file (VB6)

I'm hoping there might be a method out there that I'm not aware of. I'm wanting to save the properties of form controls (e.g. textbox, picturebox) to file, so that these controls can be restored at runtime. These would probably be limited to picturebox/ image, textbox/ label and the properties of the "background" form itself. The way I'd envisage it working is for the user to run the app, load an existing file, and all the controls would be restored in the way they were "saved" originally in the program. There are probably methods to enumerate and save property values of each control, but I'm hoping for a quick & easy method.

Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Save control to file (VB6)

Perhaps the series of articles starting at Where Was I? Restoring Application State with VB and XML > Session State will give you some ideas to start with.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. That's an interesting article/ approach. I'm not sure how much work it would be to incorporate such methods within this particular project, but if it's within the allowable, I'll certainly give it a serious look.

Alan

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Looks like a pretty good Beginner's Guide to Managing XML Documents, to me. Thanks.