Lounger
    Thanks

Subform headings and showing topo 10 records (2003)

I have a report which displays data on different pages by hospital department. The data is grouped by department and uses the section footer to start each department on a new page.

A tabular subform is present which shows the details of patients cared for by each department grouped by diagnosis. The subform contains columns headers in a section header.

Some of the subforms continue onto a second page, but the columns do not appear. If I move the headers to the page header, they don't appear at all - is there a solution to this?

Also, I would like to display the top 10 diagnoses per department on each page, but can't get the query to show top ten grouped by dept - the underlying query only shows the top ten diagnoses over all.

Thanks.

Larry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform headings and showing topo 10 records (2003)

Do you mean a subform (as stated in your post) or a subreport?

About your other question: see MSKB article How to create a top values per group report in Access 2002 (applies to other Access versions too)

Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry - it is a subreport

thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Page headers/footers in a subreport are never displayed, only report and section headers/footers.

Depending on the design of the report, you might be able to use a main report only, if you create a query that included the information that now goes into the main report and the information that goes into the subreport.

If that doesn't work, could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.