Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dual Monitor crisis

Hi folks, having a slight technical hitch in soemthing i am doing for a bar, i have built and programmed a system with VBE (Excel) to perform bar sales via touchscreen, i am wondering, i ahve the main touchscreen which the staff use, all is currently well, however, we need a method of actually displaying the total for the customer to see, the system is a 98 machine running at 500mhz, using a basic graphics card, my only current thought is to get a splitter and somehow resize the screen to only show the total part of the system, but that seems desperate, ideas anyone?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dual Monitor crisis

I think your best option, would be to find a two or three line LCD display panel to show the simple line items, and of course the total and change amounts.

I've setup purpose designed IBM POS units, and they have the LCD mounted on the back of the touch screen. The connection is wired through a COM port.
    Christopher Baldrey

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dual Monitor crisis

Got a guide of how to do this? I am aware vaguely of the techniques that are used but the exact details i have no idea, also, how will i get the data from my excel sheet to be sent through to the LCD panel?
    Thanks for the answer!