Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating a Form to Update a Table (2003)

I am attempting to update a table by selecting records using a query. The table is created through an input form. I created a form based on the query to update the table, but none of the fields in the selected records can be modified. I have a number of similar files working well using the same methodology and I've compared the working files to the new one and can't find what is different.
    Here's the cycle I'm trying to create: a group of CSR's input the information to populate the table.
    a group of DM's select the records in their area of responsibility and update the records as they handle the situations
    both groups are using the same information in the same table.

What am I doing wrong?

I've reduced the file by taking out as many records as possible, but it is still over 100 K when I zip it so I can't send the file

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a Form to Update a Table (2003)

Whether a query is updateable depends on several factors:

1) Totals queries (using Group By, Sum, Average, Count etc.) are never updateable.
    2) Since crosstab queries are a special kind of totals query, they aren't updateable.
    3) Union queries aren't updateable (if you don't know what a union query is, don't worry about this one)
    4) Queries based on more than one table are only updateable if the tables are linked properly, and if there is a unique key on the link field(s) on the 'one' side of the join.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a Form to Update a Table (2003)

Thanks Hans
    I had one table with no unique key.
    All is well now.