Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with Adobe

I didnt know where else to post this so I thought I would start here.

I have got a 2 page landscape document in Word which I want to convert to Adobe. I have Adobe 6.0 Standard. I open the document and click on the convert to PDF button and normally it runs through then opens the document in Adobe for me to view. This time however and only with this document it seems it does not do that. It runs through all the stages but then nothing happens and it doesnt seem to be saved anywhere.

Is it the case that you cannot convert landscape documents? It seems to be ok with portrait documents?

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Problem with Adobe

This could either be a Word issue, or an Adobe one, so I'll move this thread to Word as there is a higher likelihood someone there may have the answer!

Thanks

I've had similar 'issues' with Acrobat 6.0, although not specifically to do with orientation. Documents that would not print with V6 happily sail through now with V7. Out of frustration I switched to PDFCreator which ran without a problem, albeit with often a larger file size than that which Adobe produces.

I never got to the bottom of it. It could have been graphics in the document, or more likely the special fields used by our accounts software for producing invoices, etc., using a Word template.

Can you try and pin down what might be causing it by printing one page at a time, removing some of the content bit by bit...?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Have a look at your printer settings in the Adobe Printer in your printers folder.

Also see if you can print directly to the Adobe printer from File | Print menu. If it works it will not be the printer that is the issue but the distiller settings.

uuummm What version of word are you using?
    Jerry