New Lounger
    Thanks

Specifying multiple PrintTitleRows designations. (

I have an Excel sheet with multiple print ranges. Each range has a unique row of headings. The ranges are all set to print on individual pages. All is fine until the number of rows within a range spills over onto a second page. In such a case, i would want to set the print titles to repeat the heading row for that particular range. I am familiar with how to specify PrintTitleRows for a single print range. Is there a way to handle multiple designations for multiple ranges? This sheet is constructed in code from a VB6 application. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. An immediate solution is desperately needed.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Specifying multiple PrintTitleRows designations. (

As far as I know, you can only have one set of contiguous rows specified to repeat for a worksheet. You could set up macros to print each print range (how are you doing this now?), and have the macro change the heading rows to repeat before printing each range.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Specifying multiple PrintTitleRows designation

Dear LC,

This sheet with the multiple print ranges is a consolidation of several individual sheets. It is loaded with transaction summaries, by deal-type. The VB6 application creates these sheets from data warehoused in a SQL2K database. Originally all the deal-types were on separate sheets. However, the recipients found the original multiple-tabbed format too cumbersome. Hence, the consolidated sheet was born.

Ideally, my goal was to simply have the recipients of these sheets print the consolidations by clicking the print button. As mentioned, each range prints on a separate page and the output is highly formatted. All is quite lovely until a particular range spills over onto a second page, which is when i would need the appropriate heading to be printed.

Your suggestion about using a Print Macro was considered. However, this brings about a new question. How do I print a particular range selectively? I understand about resetting the PrintTitleRows property between ranges. But how do I print one range at a time?

Also, is there a way to disable the print button on the toolbar in order to force my recipients to use my custom print button (with the macro we just described) ?

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Nelson

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

The following code will print the range A1:E3 on worksheet Sheet1:

<code>
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:E3").PrintOut
    </code>
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

The macro print method (by individual range), it shall be.
    Thanks for yor help.

Nelson