3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to edit check box (Word 2003)

Hi,

Im trying to edit a check box on a form to see the properties as every time the form is printed the check box is ticked although the form shows it unticked.

Despited enabling the form toolbar, I am unable to highlight the check box in question, everytime I try to highlight it I end up putting a tick in or taking a tick out. If I delete the text next to the check box, on the left, then once the text is removed the text to the right of the check box starts tabbing along the line and actually moves behind the check box as though the check box is is sitting on top of the form. Ive tried to go into the vba project editor but there is nothing of relevence there.

Hopefully the above isnt too confusing and someone will get the gist of what my problem is.

Cheers.
    Lee

Thanks

Re: Unable to edit check box (Word 2003)

Can you unprotect the document, then right click the check box and select properties?

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Ian,

Yeah Ive uprotected the document by going through the forms toolbar and clicking on the padlock, enabling the form to be edited....I can actually edit everything else, i.e. text but I just cant seem to get the check box. Nothing happend when I right click on it.

I have since my posting earlier noticed that when I click (left click) on the check box, not only does it either tick or untick, but a small anchor symbol appears in the left hand margin.

I just need to be able to edit the check box properties to ensure all are unchecked, so as to resolve the original problem.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.
    Lee

Thanks

Anchor symbols usually indicate a "floating" object, like an image. If it isn't too much trouble, can you re-create the checkbox from scratch?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

Yeah, I think thats going to be the quicker option, although Im very curious as to why I just cant edit the original.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.
    Lee