3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Archiving calendar data (Outlook 2000 SR-1 C/WG)

I was recently upgraded to Outlook 2000 from Schedule+ 7.0. When this was done, my Schedule+ file was inadvertently deleted, so I restored data to my Outlook calendar from my archive. Now, I am trying to delete all the old data from my new Outlook calendar, but when I manually archive the data, it does not go away. Can anyone offer any assistance?
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archiving calendar data (Outlook 2000 SR-1 C/WG)

Gary, there is a setting to control this that might need to be made. Right click on the calendar, choose properties, then auto-archive. I think deleting only happens with email by default.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've right-clicked on Calendar, went to Properties, then the AutoArchive tab. I have it set to Clean out items older than 3 months, and Move old items to: [filename]. I then go to File, Archive, select Archive this folder and all subfolders, click on the Calendar folder, and set to Archive items older than 4/12/2001. When I click OK, the status bar says it is archiving. However, after it is done, I can go back to dates in 2000 (and before), and there are still appointments and events there. I've also tried the Archive all folders according to their AutoArchive settings option on the Archive dialog, but it does the same thing.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but archiving the Calendar is supposed to MOVE items to the archive, not just COPY them. Thanks to having imported my old Schedule+ archive (see original post), I now have entries in my Outlook Calendar dating back to 1994. It would take me forever and a day to manualy delete all the appointments, events, etc. that I've had in the last seven years. Any other ideas?
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I believe there are several dates that get looked at and compared to the date you set. Whenever you do anything to an item (including an open, a move or copy or an import) these get reset. For example, use the field chooser to show the last modified date, and I think you'll see it listed as the date you brought the items in. Try setting your "trigger" date in the archive screen against the modified date. You'll want to watch that any items you entered on the same day as the transfer don't move - unless you don't care.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I think I understand what you are saying. As luck would have it, I found a workaround to this problem. Using Advanced Find, I did a search of all appointments and meetings with an End date on or before 12/31/2000. I came up with a list of 1800+ items. I then used Select All to select all the entries, and deleted them. Crude, but it worked.