Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: OLE Server error msg (2002)
2006-09-18, 17:15 #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
- Lambertville, New Jersey, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OLE Server error msg (2002)
<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by llemli on 18-Sep-06 18:15. Found workaround)</P>I received the following error msg when adding a new record to a subform.
"A problem occured while microsoft access was communicating with the ole server or activex control"
"Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again inside Microsoft Access."
I've received it in a couple different db I'm working on. I think, but I'm not sure, that I just recently received an automated Windows update from MS. Don't know if that was the cause or not. I reloaded Office 2002 Pro and the problem is still there. Any ideas?
I just read a posting from 11/04 on another board that described the same problem. The poster said that he created a new db and imported the problem subform into the new db then back into the original db and it worked. I tried it and now my form works too. Also, a simple calculation of two displayed fields (CostPerHour * Hours) stopped working when I got the error message and started working again after I did the imports. So, there appears to be a workaround but I still would like to know what's causing the problem. Any feedback would be welcome.
2006-09-23, 18:34 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Re: OLE Server error msg (2002)
You'll probably never know the exact cause. Perhaps your subform got slightly (but not entirely) corrupt, and exporting, then importing forced Access to re-initialize the definition of the subform. The important thing is that you got it working again.