New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Form VooDoo (Word2003)

I have a form that I created to be used by employees at my college. This used to be a paper form but I have created it so that employees can merely sign it (by pressing a button that has a macro attached to it which in turn "signs" their name according to the profile that is being used at the time) and forward it on to the next signer. The problem that I am having is that it works fine on my machine and some others but some get this file and they press a "sign" button and it either signs on the wrong line or the "clear" button signs a line. I am not quite sure but I think that the bookmarks of the form are getting switched around in transit as strange as that sounds. The only other thing that I can think of is that maybe the users who can't get it to work right have some strange setting that is causing this? I have made some of these forms with copied and pasted buttons and code from other projects so I made sure to write a form completely from scratch and that does not fix the problem. I am sending an example of the type of form that I am using. Any help out there?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: Word Form VooDoo (Word2003)

It seems correct.

Is it protected for Forms or Tracked Changes? When I unprotected it in Word 2002 and went to Protect again, it defaulted to tracked changes, which might cause problems. This could be a misunderstanding between Word 2003 and Word 2002...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Form VooDoo (Word2003)

I am going to see if some of the users here at the college have Word2002. That is a definite possibility. However, it is mostly unlikely that the user unprotected it because we have a password and most users here are not that cpu savvy.

Aahh we have found the problem. Some users apparently had corrupted Office files and "Detect and Repair" from the "Help" menu fixed the problem!!!! :-)