Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Revert to Default Setup (OE6)

At our local senior center I have a strange anomoly. One of the computers has an administrator account and a student account.

OE in the student account is the standard default version. In the Admin account the layout is changed reflecting an old dial-up connection. That is, the tool bar is slightly different, and the title bar says something like Outlook Express for the blahblah ISP (the old dial-up service). Obviously when the computer was first set up for OE using this ISP they furnished a disk with their particular OE configuration.

How do I revert to the default OE layout? Shortcuts to the two versions both point to the same program(C:Program FilesOutlook Expressmsimn.exe). Thus, the particular layouts must reside in some other place.

Thanks

Re: Revert to Default Setup (OE6)

Chuck,
    Why not just create a new Admin account and delete the old one?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks

Is the customization the same as for Internet Explorer? I have seen articles on how to "uncustomize IE" and wonder whether the registry keys might be the same...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I'll try the new Admin bit. My recollection is that the IE browser is not customized, but OE is; however, I'll have to check that one out the next time I get the chance.