Star Lounger
    Thanks

Paste As Word Document (2002)

Hi,

I am trying to paste some text from a Word document into Powerpoint. In order to preserve, font, styles, and layout, I discovered that it appears the best way is to select "Paste As" in Powerpoint and select "Microsoft Word Document Object". (please correct me if I'm wrong). This worked ok on my first try.

However, in another case, the pasted text was not correctly formated. Most notably - the page width from the Word text was much narrower such that a significant amount of text was cropped on the right.

Now, if I right-click on the object and select "edit", the format changes again so that the missing/cropped text reappears, the text changes style (to the correct font, etc). However, the page width remains wrong and the previously cropped text simply goes on a new line. I can try to change the page width in this editing box but I soon run out of space(!) so that I cannot move the right page break beyond the limits of the -Powerpoint- editing box. Does this make sense to anyone?

This all seems pretty buggy to me. I want to teach someone how to copy and paste from Word to Powerpoint in order to make a poster. Is there some advice on how best to copy the data from Word to Powerpoint, and especifically how to avoid this type of bug?

Thanks,
    -Alex

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paste As Word Document (2002)

What I do with almost everything that I am copying into PowerPoint is this:

I copy the data (it could be an excel chart, graph, Word text or table) and use Paste Special in PowerPoint. I then choose to paste the data as a picture. This preserves all the formatting perfectly and allows you to make the newly pasted picture as large or small as you want.

Deb

Thanks

Re: Paste As Word Document (2002)

Why not make the Poster in Word? Your drawing tools are very similar.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile