Thread: TOC (Word 2003)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

TOC (Word 2003)

Good afternoon,
    I have made a TOC, but I want to have 1 rule space between the heading and the appendix. I know I can give a enter after I made the TOC but when I update it it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TOC (Word 2003)

There are a few different ways to approach this, depending on the types of heading you have in your report.

Please have a look at the styles for the lines in the TOC, if the one for the appendix is a different style to the others then you could modify that style to have space before in its paragraph style.

An alternative approach is to put two bookmarks in your document, one to include everything up to the appendix, and the other to include the appendix. You could then create two different Tables of Contents, using the b switch in the { TOC } field to restrict each TOC to the area under one bookmark. Have a look at the Word MVPS site for examples of this switch.

StuartR

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello StuartR,
    thanks for the quick reply.
    The appendix is a different style, can you tell me where i can make the change to have space before in paragraph style.
    I have a example of the document.

Gerwin

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I modified the Paragraph Format for the style called biljage to set the Outline level to be Level 3.
    I then modified the Paragraph Format for style TOC3 to have 12 points space before.

This will only work if you aren't using level 3 headings for any other purpose, but you could do something similar with any other heading level that you aren't using.

StuartR

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the sollution.

Gerwin