Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Search (2003)

How can I add a column to the Find Results in the Calendar and have it stick the next time I open Outlook? I want to add the column "Label" and can do so with the Field Chooser, but it's gone the next time I open Outlook.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Search (2003)

One way is to save the search, with the Label field added to the search field headers, as a defined Named Search. Do this by building the Search as you want, including the Label header, run the Search, then select File | Save Search, browse to an appropriate location and save it. Reopen the saved Search by starting the Advanced Search dialog, then selecting File | Open Search. Or to make it more convenient, you can browse to the the named search *.oss file in a File Explorer Window and drag-&-drop the named search *.oss file into your Outlook shortcuts (drop it onto one of the Shortcut Group Headers). If you find a better way, I'm interested, so post back.

(Another Outlook Annoyance - Search Folders in Outlook 2003 only appear to apply to Messages.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Search (2003)

Your solution works, but is a lengthy workaround, and not very generic (I would have to change the search criterion each time I use it if I'm say searching for different people's names). But it's all I got...

On a related note, when I do show the "Label" field in the Calendar Search Results, those appointments that have acquired a Label via a rule I created (e.g., every appointment with the word "meet" in the Subject acquiring a particular color) say "None" in the Label column - so automating Label in the Search Results may not give me what I want anyway...