New Lounger
    Thanks

password (MS 2003)

ok here are a couple more questions. to make it easy to comprehend, i have 3 forms: form 1 (welcome) on that form i have two buttons: when i click on button 1, i want a box to pops up to ask for a password so only i can go to form 2 no one else. how do i do that? as far as button 2, when certain people click on it, i want it to take them to form 3 not form 2 and i want more than one person to be able to have access to form 3 by clicking button 2 in form 1 and enter their assigned password. how do i do that? i hope this made sense.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: password (MS 2003)

One of our moderators has an excellent tutorial on Access security here that will give you some basics on what you want to do. I'd also recommend searching this forum on security to find a long list of previous discussions on the topic.

Good luck.
    Charlotte

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: password (MS 2003)

If you want to try and do that sort of thing, you should learn about Access Security. With this you provide your username and password when you open the database, and that then determines what you can do later.

You can read about Access security in WendellB's tutorial The Secrets of Security .
    Regards
    John