5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Language input (XP Home Edition)

Hello,

I currently have several languages installed on my keyboard, including Arabic, Spanish and Russian. I usually go to the little language button on the bottom right of my screen to select and change languages.

However, it often switches on its own to the Arabic setting, without my even doing anything.

I then have to go an manually change it back to English or Spanish or whatever else I was using.

Any idea as to how to stop this annoyance, other than actually disinstalling Arabic?

Thanks!

JMT

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Language input (XP Home Edition)

Try this:

- Open "Regional and Language Options" applet (click Start | Control Panel | Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options (in Category view only) | Regional and Language Options);
    - Select Regional Options tab (if not already selected) and choose "Standards and formats" and "Location" which you want to be default choices;
    - Select Languages tab and make sure that all settings you require are selected;
    - Select Advanced tab and check "Apply all settings..." checkbox under "Default user account settings";
    - Click Apply, OK.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello, once I get to the "Regional Options" tab, I don't see where I can choose "Standards and formats" and "Location" to be default choices. I have Windows XP. Any idea as to what I can do?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

"Standards and Formats" and "Location" are the two frames on the "Regional Options" tab, you should select the correct default choices in each of these areas.

StuartR