New Lounger
    Thanks

Pie Charts (Excel '97)

Hi All -

I'm using the pie chart with the segments that can be pulled apart. I would like to divide each segment further but can't figure out how to do it without painting in lines (doesn't always turn out good).

For example, if my chart is composed of Apples, Oranges, and Bananas, I'd like to further break down the apples segment to Macintosh, Washington, and Red Delicious. The mini-segment doesn't need to be able to be pulled apart. I just need to show the further segmentation. Any Ideas?
    Thanks for you help.
    Frustrated Graph Maker

Thanks

Re: Pie Charts (Excel '97)

You would need to have figures on Macintosh, Washington, and Red Delicious to make sure there was a slice for each. Then you could recolour each slice to be the same - but you'd want to make sure the lines contrasted enough with the colour of the data points.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If you have the values for you different apple varieties included in your data, you can use the Pie chart sub type Bar of Pie (or Pie of Pie). You can select this type of chart from the chart Wizard, under the Pie category. Just create the chart and select all the defaults. when it is is place you can drag and drop the apple segments from the main pie chart to the secondary chart. This has the effect of creating a slice in the main Pie to represent the total apples, but shows the apple varieties seperately in the secondary chart. (You can also clear out any segments that you do not want included by dragging them off the secondary chart.)

I attach a sample to see if it suits your requirements.

Andrew C
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

It's me again - Frustrated Graph Maker - and I'm attaching an example of what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the ideas but I didn't mention that I need to segment all the large pieces of the pie.
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Catharine -
    Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure I understand. I attached an example of what I'm trying to do.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Andrew -
    I tried that chart but unfortunately I have to segments for each slice of the pie. I attached an example of what I'm trying to do.

Thanks

Here is a sample of what I was talking about - I added data labels as well
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile