Star Lounger
    Thanks

Form/Subform (access 2003 sp2)

I have a form, sub form where I am selecting the combo box to filter records in the subform. I have my link master/child set. ID to ID form links and combo0. When I click on the combo box and select a name, I get the records for the previous record. If I am selecting record 6, I get the information for record 5. When I select record 1 I get a 0 (zero) in the id field on the subform which there is no data because my records start at number 1. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form/Subform (access 2003 sp2)

What exactly have you entered in the Link Master Fields property? If you have something like [Combo0].[list], what is the Bound Column property of the combo box?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have combo0 in the link master and id for link child. The bound column in my combo box is 0. I have attached the mdb file as a zip file. I deleted most of the records and fields to make the db small. Please take a look at teh form called frmSelName.

Thanks,
    Mike

Super Moderator
    Thanks

In the combo box change the bound column to 3, as the third column holds the id field that you want to link by.
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As John Hutchison already pointed out, you must change the bound column. Setting Bound Column to 0 means that the "value" of the combo box is the list index of the selected item, and this is zero-based, i.e. the first item has list index 0, the second item has list index 1, etc.