Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox 2 - Today's Update (FF 1.5.0.7)

I have been using Firefox 2 for the last few weeks and it has been working great. Today an automatic update downloaded and installed and ever since, the navigation toolbar has grown to three times its normal height though the icons and text size are still the same as they were before, centered vertically in the enlarged space.

I was unable to change the height of the toolbar after looking at suggestions in help, newsgroups, the mozilla site, etc. After reading the issues page on mozilla http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox...senotes/#issues I tried uninstalling all (3) of my extensions but nothing changed. I just gave up and uninstalled 2 and re-installed 1.5.0.7 My navigator bar is now the normal height and everything else seems to be working well.

The user profile from version 2 did not seem to cause any problems with the install of the older version. The bookmarks, settings, and theme are still intact and working as they should. I think I'll sit tight for a while with this version, though the Release Candidate 1 is available for download. Just wondering if anyone else had any experience like mine.

Ray

Thanks

Re: Firefox 2 - Today's Update (FF 1.5.0.7)

You mention a "theme" being "intact." When the UI glitches after an upgrade, the first potential culprit is any third party "theme." I believe in testing new releases, the folks at Mozilla only test the default Firefox theme, and leave it up to the third party theme developers to "catch up" with any changes. Not sure whether that applies to your situation.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox 2 - Today's Update (FF 1.5.0.7)

Thank you for your quick reply.

It could have been the theme (Littlefox 1.6.4), which I have used for a long time, not getting along with the upgrade. When I opened FF in Safe Mode in an effort to change settings to fix the problem, the default FF theme appeared correctly. I didn't remove the third party theme, I just uninstalled the FF 2 beta and reinstalled the older version.

This version (1.5.0.7) does everything I need it to do and keeps all of my settings and preferences. After a while, I'll give 2 another try and see if the Littlefox theme is updated to maximize the viewing window.

Ray