Thread: Wi-Fi Security

Thanks

Wi-Fi Security

The other day I read about a program from JiWire, called Wi-Fi Security, and it peeked my interest, because I do travel and connect to unsecured wireless at hotels and hotspots. I was especially curious as my daughter now takes her laptop to college and the more protection I can put on hers as well as mine the better I like it. To make a long story short, I have tried in vain to contact these people to ask a few pre-sales questions, and have not heard a peep out of them. That makes me wonder just what their tech support is going to be like after purchase. I have decided to look at alternatives. Any one have any ideas as to a software solution like theirs? www.jiwire.com
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks

Re: Wi-Fi Security

The main feature of JiWire Hotspot Helper is an encrypted tunnel through the local, insecure network to JiWire's VPN servers. If you travel for business, you probably have the option to connect to your office using a VPN connection. In that case, you probably don't need this product. For your daughter, or your personal web surfing needs, there may well be competitors, but I haven't heard of any. (I hadn't heard of this product, either...)

Thanks

Re: Wi-Fi Security

Thanks John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)