2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opening form (2003)

I have a request Db that our workers fill out for new projects to work on. We have everything but one part. The workers can request a project but not all projects are not fee schedules(how to pay insurance). There are 2 main tables TBL request and Fee schedule Request and are linked by Request number. We want to on the FrmBen be able to bring up the Fee schedule form. There lies the problem. Because we have 3 types of fee sched forms, we dont know how to tell it how to bring up the right form. Looking at the subform on FrmBen, there is a command 8 button that we have been trying to make work and bring up the correct Fee sched form. It will bring up the correct form but the linking is lost. what is the best way to fix?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening form (2003)

I'm afraid you haven't provided enough information. You mention 3 fee schedule forms, but don't tell us what criteria there are to decide which form to show. What is the subform you mention? And what do you mean by "the linking is lost"?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I need to get a copy of the DB posted to better show what is going on ..I am trying to get it small enough to post.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="nt"><font size=-1>(No Text)</font>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have attached the Database and to get it smaller I have included only 2 fee sched forms. Hopefully that will be good enough to see what is going on. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Now that we have the database, can you explain what exactly you want to accomplish, and what exactly the problem is? Please provide details.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There are 2 tables Fee Sched Request and Tbl request. A person requests a task then they can open a special form to ask us to build a fee schedule based on certain percentages. The problem lies in the FRmBen which is a which is made of the 2 tables. The main objective is to determine which requests have fee schedules to build. On this FrmBen, when I click the command button 8 it will bring up the linked form with the request number so we can print it out. It works on the example currently. However, if I add another request and fee sched and open this Frm Ben and click the command button for this request it will not bring up the correct form based on the FS number. I need to somehow get the button synced up with the correct fee sched number.

Let me know if other info is needed.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is a unique key on ReqNbr in the FeeSchedReq table. This means that for each record in TblRequest, there can only be one record in FeeSchedReq. If that is what you intended, there is no need for two tables and for a form/subform setup. On the other hand, if it is not what you intended, you should remove the index (or set its Unique property to No).