2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

dynamic range (Excel 2003 sp2)

I have 2 workbooks with the same type of data including layout. They both have a dynamic range name used as the source for various pivot tables. Everything seemed to be working fine, until one employee told me they were missing some data. I checked the workbook in question and found that when I went to Insert>Name>Define> and selected the dynamic range name (PivotRange), then clicked in the refers to box, it select all but the last 12 rows of data. I checked the other workbook and it was fine. I used the same entry to define both:
    =OFFSET('Raw Data'!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA('Raw Data'!$A:$A),COUNTA('Raw Data'!$1:$1))

I use that all the time and have never had a problem. What am I missing? Trying to find the problem, I deleted about 30-30 rows in the middle of the data. Checked the referred to box again and it still selects all but the last 12 lines. Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: dynamic range (Excel 2003 sp2)

Very strange. Could you attach a stripped down copy of the problem workbook (zipped if necessary)? Remove sheets not needed to demonstrate the problem, pivot tables etc., and make sure to remove or alter proprietary info.

Thanks

Within the data range are there 12 blank cells in col A?

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't believe I was such a moron!! I did have 12 blank cells in col A. I gotta stop eating out of those aluminum pans!! Thanks guys for the assist. It's appreciated.