2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Copy/Paste not working properly (2003)

Does anyone know of any "bugs" in Access 2003 that would affect copying a record in the form view and pasting the info into a new blank record?
    What is happening, if I am in a "filter" mode and I copy a record using the record selector in a form, then click the " * " to create a new record and "paste", the paste is over-writing another record, AND the filtered records are now all records?????
    Charlotte Quiroz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy/Paste not working properly (2003)

I haven't seen this, but what happens if you select the record, copy it, then use Edit | Paste Append to paste it as a new record?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If the form is filtered (shows "filtered" in the status bar) and I do any type of paste, it over writes a record. If I release the filter, there is no problem. The Filtering is the key. This is a complex form and has a sub form and about 5 combo boxes where they are looking up data.
    Charlotte Quiroz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I was on a PC with Access 2002 during the weekend. I have now tried it in Access 2003 and I cannot reproduce the problem. When I copy a record in a filtered form and paste it into a new record, the filter remains and a new record is created.

Could you post a stripped down copy of a database that exhibits the problem? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans: Thanks for trying to duplicate my problem. After much consideration what I decided to do was remove the record-selection bar and add a "Duplicate" option button. The code copies the record, releases the filter and then paste-appends the new record in. This works very well. I think the problem is this form has two sub forms. I think the duplicate button will work better. Thank you very much.
    Charlotte Quiroz