Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

495 Object or class does not support (Word2000 et

BillT.dot is a little Word application I wrote to summarize my time slips, which are generated using NotePad's .LOG feature. I've been using it daily since March 2005. It reads the Notepad file and produces a summary of hours spent by client code. I d/l a copy from my web site when I'm working at a client's site and use it to track hours when I'm billing at an hourly rate.

It has suddenly stopped working on my laptop, suddenly, after I un-installed Office2007 prior to reloading it (sometime this weekend, I hope)
    I tracked down This Post in Google groups, but felt confused by the whole rigamarole of OCXs, registering stuff etc.

The baulk is on a line <pre>frmBillT.lbClients.Clear</pre>

, harmless enough, yet it throws up a Run time Error 495 "Object or class does not support this set of events"

BillT works on other machines.
    Other applications on this machine with identical constructs (frm.lb.Clear) still work.
    I tried exporting the source with Rob Bovey's cleaner, re-imported to a new template, still wouldn't work.

In desperation I began a new template, imported the BAS, rebuilt the UserForm, but pasted in the VBA source code from the failed version of BillT.

When I tried to set the appropriate references I noticed that MSCAL.OCX (I think) is gone.
    I have found something called Date Picker, which appears to do the trick.
    It appears that a faulty or unavailable control triggers a random error report in VBA, since the calendar control is not related to the listbox, as far as I know.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 495 Object or class does not support (Word2000 et

A MISSING reference often causes problems with code that is not related to the missing reference. In Microsoft Access, a missing reference usually causes standard VBA functions such as Left or Date to fail.

In short, as long as there are missing references, code execution will not be dependable.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 495 Object or class does not support (Word200

Agreed, but in my case there were no missing references. I should say, "There were no references missing by inspection of the Tools, References dialogue box" (I modified my copy of VBA Code Cleaner to dump the references in a BAS file so that they can be imported for, well, reference when rebuilding).

In my case it was a control that was missing - undoubtedly a reference in the most general use of the term, and on top of that I suspect, but cannot yet prove, that uninstalling the Office2007 BETA TTR has resulted in the de-registration of at least one control - MSCAL.OCX.
    The file is still present on my desktop.
    And now that you have prompted me to actually look for it and find it, I felt emboldened to re-learn about regSvr32<pre>regsvr32 mscal.ocx</pre>

and waddyaknow!??

So now I have my BillT working exactly as it used to, and I found a new (to me) control: Date Picker.

I still suspect BETA TTR of malfeasance, if that's the right word.

Thanks for the nudge, again, in the right direction.