3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Complimentary colours (VB.NET 1.1 or 2.0)

One of the things I have been wrking on recently is a group of controls for my applications. In this group is a progress bar that can be horizontal or vertical. One of the things I want to do in my progress bar is to show either the current value property as a number or as a percentage inside the progress bar when the progress bar style is solid colour.

My problem is finding a complimentary colour for the text to be displayed. I have scoured the internet for any pointers and while I have found a lot about colour wheels and colour pairs, nowhere have I found how to determine the optimum complimentary colour for a stated colour.

I have tried a plethora of methods of my own, some good and some, well, suffice it to say, not so good.

Can anybody tell me how to do this? It's driving me nuts.

Regards,
    Kevin Bell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Complimentary colours (VB.NET 1.1 or 2.0)

Why not use the system colors so they'll adjust themselves automatically to the user settings? If you pick a specific color, it's liable to look awful if the user has some eccentric color scheme or theme in place. You could use something like control light and active caption, for instance.
    Charlotte