Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Shortcuts to Views in PPT (2003)

Hi,

I found this on the web:
    Getting Rid of Tri-Pane View
    Unfortunately there is no way to permanently avoid this improvement, but you can quickly get rid of it by holding down the CTRL key when you click on the Slide View button.

What is the Slide View button. I originally thought it to be the Normal View button in the lower left of the screen, but this does nothing to change the View!
    Any ideas.

PS: In experimenting with this, I did come across a VERY handy shortcut to the Master Slide View. If you hold down SHIFT and click on the Normal View button, it opens the Slide Master . And if you hold down SHIFT and click on the Slide Sorter View button, it opens the Notes Master. Lastly, holding down SHIFT and clicking on Slide Show opens the Slide Show Options dialog box and using ALT and clicking on Slide Show opens the Slide Show in a window.

Enjoy!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shortcuts to Views in PPT (2003)

Ctrl+Normal view doesn't do anything special for me in PowerPoint 2003. If you got this tip from Bit Better PowerPoint Tips & Tricks: those tips are for PowerPoint 2000, as far as I can tell.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shortcuts to Views in PPT (2003)

Tx...I am glad to have come across the tip anyways as I think the Master View Access is great using SHIFT and the buttons.

BTW:
    If you use CTRL + Slide Show, it opens a small screen on the monitors top left to preview animation in the slide. Just press escape to close the window down again!

TX
    Regards,
    Rudi