3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange daily Outlook occurence (Outlook 2003/latest service pack)

I have a user that sent this to me in an e-mail last night. I read it and don't have a clue so I thought I'd pick your brain and see if you have any thoughts on this. We use Windows XP sp2, Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. Everything is on the latest service packs.

"For about the last two weeks or so, when I open my computer in the morning upon arrival (it is always on, so I just turn on the display), I find a blank e-mail in my Inbox, as if it were a draft. The heading above the address section says "This message has not been sent." Yet it is in my Inbox. It is always time stamped between 9:04 and 9:08 pm. There is no content, and I have simply been deleting it everyday."

Thanks

Re: Strange daily Outlook occurence (Outlook 2003/

Try this thread at RechRepublic.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Very interesting. Thanks for the link and the quick response. I'll try some of this and get back to you.

Thanks

<hr>It is always time stamped between 9:04 and 9:08 pm.<hr>
    I'm not sure what a time stamp is for a message that says it has not been sent.

One way to maybe dig up more information is to use Tools>Forms>Design This Form, the All Fields tab, and look through all Mail fields to see whether there are any other clues.

Also, look at all the Rules.

Finally, to try to determine whether it is an external product using either MAPI or automation, legitimate or spam bot, you could research how to raise the object model guard and try doing that overnight to see whether Outlook displays a security prompt in the AM (perhaps even identifying the calling program).