5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Work Menu (2003)

Where is the Work Menu stored in Word? I want to share it with someone else. Is it stored in my Normal.dot? Somewhere I have a list of where Office stores things like toolbars, macros,etc. I can't find the list. Do you know where I can find such a list? What I'm trying to do is share a list of templates with everyone in our company. The boss wants it to be a menu that lists the templates so no one has to "navigate" to them. I was thinking of making a Work menu, putting the templates on the menu and then copying the menu to everyone. What do you think?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Work Menu (2003)

The Work menu is a customization of a toolbar, and as such it is stored in Normal.dot (unless you specify that it's stored in another template when you drag it to a toolbar in Tools | Customize...).
    Since it's a menu/toolbar item, not a toolbar or menu in its own right, it's probably not easy to share it with others.

It's probably better to create a custom template, create a custom toolbar in this template and put buttons for the templates on this toolbar that create a new document based on the templates. You'd have to create macros for this in a module. You can then make the template available to other users; if they add it to their global templates/add-ins..., the toolbar and macros will be available whenever they use Word.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Work Menu (2003)

Thanks Hans! That makes sense to me. One of my coworkers wanted to do a registry hack to replace the MRU list with a list of the templates and deploy that automatically to all of our users. I am not comfortable with that method. I like your suggestion much better.