New Lounger
    Thanks

Save As: suppressing compatibility warning (Word 2003)

Can one suppress the compatibility warnings which can pop up when one does a Save As to a different format ?

I am automating a work-flow which reads in an HTM file and performs a Save As to .doc format. User intervention is inconveniently required to dismiss a compatibility warning message which points out that DOC files do not support linked CSS stylesheets. I would be grateful for any thoughts as to how one might prevent these warnings from popping up.

Thanks

Re: Save As: suppressing compatibility warning (W

Years ago I read a thread where there was a command that temporarily disables warnings, but it may have been for Excel only.

If you do not find a solution in VBA, this program has been mentioned in the past: Basta Computing's Buzof

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks - I have searched for threads on "warning/s" - haven't seen anything yet.

Presumably the Basta product uses the WIn API to throw click events at the OK button on the pop-up window, and this would be a last resort from within VBA too, but I would prefer to find a more solid and elegant way of disabling such warnings.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Welcome to Woody's Lounge, woodchopper!

I don't know if it's possible to suppress the warning within Word itself, but you might create a macro to to so and make it available via a toolbar button and/or keyboard shortcut. The macro could look like this:

Sub SaveAsWithoutWarning()
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveDocument.SaveAs Left(ActiveDocument.Name, _
    InStrRev(ActiveDocument.Name, ".")) & "doc", wdFormatDocument
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    End Sub

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks ! If anything had worked it would, I suspect have been application.Displayalerts (though note that in 2003 its values are a set of integer constants, rather than just True and False).
    As setting .Displayalerts to wdAlertsNone unfortunately doesn't disable this particular warning message, I suspect that it is generated by the HTM to DOC conversion plug-in itself, rather than being routed through the main body of the Word application itself.

Looks as if I am going to have to reach for my Win API reference material and simulate a click on the "Continue" button ...