Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple items in a list or combo box (2003)

Is it possible to create a list or combo box (I don't really care which) for a table in Access that lets you select multiple values? I currently have a field that has around 30 possible values, but I would like to be able to select more than one value for some records.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple items in a list or combo box (2003)

I you have a field a table that can contain more than 1 value at a time, then that field should not be in that table. Instead, it should be in a new table that is on the "many" side of a one-to-many relationship with the master table. During data entry, your form for that main table would have a subform in which you can enter all the values for the field in question.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In addition to Mark's reply (which I agree with), see <post#=364,203>post 364,203</post#> for a sample database showing how to implement a many-to-many relationship.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've been at a conference for a few days, and have just now gotten the table to (at least for now) work the way I want it. My main goal was to avoid using a form, which I can do because in my primary table I can expand the little plus sign to enter the multiple values. Thankfully, this should be a fairly static table, so I will only have to enter the data once.