Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook unstable and will not get new email from C (Office 03 Home current)

I have Office 03 Home up to date. Ever since about the time of Genuine Advantage being foisted on us, Outlook has been unstable. I leave it on 7X24. Over night, usually, or some times less it will crap out and not get new mail or do anything else. I get the hour glass if I try to close, I must Ctl-alt-del. I have Zone Alarm Security Suite on medium protection.

To my knowledge I did nothing wrong other than allow updates and WGA. Suggestions? Comments?
    Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook unstable and will not get new email from C (Office 03 Home cur

What virus products are you running, and do they scan incoming and outgoing mail? Does your ISP have outages? There could be a number of reasons for your problems. I have WGA validation, and don't have problems with Outlook 2003.

Also, try the maintenance step of scrubbing your PST with the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe), as per <!mskb=287497>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 287497<!/mskb>, which does more than "recover messages".
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Re: Outlook unstable and will not get new email fr

The Genuine Advantage tool usually is updated in concert with multiple security updates, so it is difficult to trace the problem to a single update. However, if you can recall when the trouble started, we could look at the "new" stuff available at that time to see if any appears relevant. As noted above, third party products are particularly relevant because sometimes they may use features of Office or Windows that Microsoft locked down after they were released, and those might also need to be updated now.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Outlook unstable and will not get new email from C (Office 03 Home cur

If you have any addins active you can try disabling one or more and see what happens. Also, you could try Help | Detect and repair.

Joe
    Joe