Thanks

Outlook's 'NewsReader' (MSO 2003)

I just wish someone would tell Microsoft that some poor slobs like me, when they see "News" in the Outlook menu, and when launched, it doesn't "look" like Outlook Express, these poor fools may think that the reader IS different!

Not to mention that when Outlook express is set as the default, it launches a different (looking?) program entirely...

But certainly, after all the wise men here on the board, supplemented by the guys at forteinc.com (Agent Newsreader) kindly inform me that Outlook has no newsreader... well then, I guess I'll just have to acquiesce....

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook's 'NewsReader' (MSO 2003)

What happens if you open News from Outlook, then select Help | About in the window that appears?

Thanks

Re: Outlook's 'NewsReader' (MSO 2003)

Yea, OK Hans... I didn't say I was the brightest apple in the barrel... It says it's Outlook Express... once it's working...

But (in my defense) when I was getting the errors about it not loading before, it wasn't (then) telling me I was having a conflict with another reader, and that in fact the one with Outlook was Outlook Express... Nor did it do the ("normal"?) thing, and tell me that it wasn't the default, and would I like to change..."

It just wasn't loading...

What it was (and is) was a conflict with Agent (newsreader), and there's no real way around it I'm told, so, there you go...

Oh well, as I said, I'm just stumbling along anyway... It would just be nice to have a more cooperative coexistence with the two, I guess.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"