Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Toolbar Setup (2003)

I ran into a new one on a friend's new computer. The default setup in Word always seems to have the standard and formatting toolbars on the same row. Why I don't know, because usually that obscures part of each toolbar. So my habit is to go to Options and set them to appear on separate rows. However, on my friend's computer, that option doesn't "stick." Usually after selecting this option Word continues to open up with the two row option. But that's not the case here. Each time I open Word it reverts to the single row option. How do I get it to "stick?"

Thanks

Re: Toolbar Setup (2003)

I can't recall whether this choice is saved in the Normal template, but perhaps it is. Does your friend have the Adobe Acrobat add-in loaded? It seems to discard changes to a user's Normal template. Try this: make the setting change, and immediately save the Normal template. There are a couple different ways to do this without closing Word:

(1) Hold the Shift key, drop down the File menu, and choose Save All
    (2) Open the VB Editor (Alt+F11), open the Immediate window (Ctrl+G), type <code>normaltemplate.Save</code> and press the Enter key

Hope this helps.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If Jefferson's suggestions don't help, try out the steps in Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> on the problem PC.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I haven't yet had the opportunity to visit my friend and her computer, but I'll give it a try as soon as I do.