Star Lounger
    Thanks

Feedback to MS on Word (Word XP SP2)

Is there any way to get feedback to Microsoft about the changes they continue to make in Word? I find each succeeding version less usable than the last because they want to automate things that I want to control, such as styles. I have found no way to control styles in XP as I did in 97 (though I've searched extensively for answers), and when working on a client's 2003 version, I found it was worse. I've turned off the Autoformat features and still it makes uncalled for changes, but I kept drilling down to new automatic changes in 2003. I'm not sure that I ever found all of them or that my client will be able to use styles at all with all the changes it makes.

Is there a way to tell MS developers what a mess they're making? For my personal use, I find that Word 97 is normally the most productive version because it does what I tell it to without arguing or fighting with me. However, I have to keep up with my customers, and I've about decided that Word is hopeless, especially the styles feature.

Is anyone listening to the customers?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Feedback to MS on Word (Word XP SP2)

You can post a suggestion at <A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/wizard.mspx?type=suggestion&lang=en&cr=US&cat=en-us-office">Frustrated? Got a great idea? Want to see a new feature?
    </A>.

You can also send an e-mail to mswish@microsoft.com. Name the application in the subject, and state your comments/requests succinctly and politely.

I cannot guarantee that you'll get a reaction, but Microsoft does keep an eye on customer comments.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Feedback to MS on Word (Word XP SP2)

Thank you! At least I'll feel better. Your links also took me to a macro that is supposed to turn off all the auto features, so maybe it will find some that I've missed.

A great help!