Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Time Series (2003)
2006-10-12, 07:24 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2001
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Time Series (2003)
I have two fields StartTime and EndTime which signify the start and end of telephone calls. How can I create a query that will split the day into fifteen minute intervals and count how many calls started during each interval? I want to be able to see all of the intervals, with counts of zero if no calls were received during that time period.
2006-10-12, 07:49 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Re: Time Series (2003)
1) Create a table tblIntervals listing all the time intervals. It might be easiest to create the data in Excel using the filldown feature, and import them into Access.
<td>TimeFrom</td> <td align=right>00:00</td> <td align=right>00:15</td> <td align=right>00:30</td> <td align=right>..</td> <td align=right>..</td> <td align=right>23:30</td> <td align=right>23:45</td></table>
2) Create a query qryData based on your table, and add a calculated field
Set the Format property for T to Short Time.
3) Create a query based in tblIntervals and qryData.
Join them on TimeFrom vs T
Double click the join line and select the option to return all records from tblIntervals.
Add TimeFrom and T to the query grid.
Select View | Totals or click the Totals button on the toolbar to make the query into a totals query.
Set the Total option for T to Count.