5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Retrieving Previous Value (2003)

I have a column of dates and interest rates. I want to able to enter a date - perhaps in a text box on a form - and to find the linearly interpolated interest rate for that date. That is, if at 1/1/2006 the int.rate is 1% and at 10/1/2006 it is 10% then the interest rate at 4/1/2006 is 4%. To achieve this, how can I find the date value that is on or before the requested date, as well as the date which is on or after the requested date? Thanks, Andy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Retrieving Previous Value (2003)

Say that your table is named tblRates, with fields StartDate and Rate. The text box on your form is named txtDate.

d1 = DMax("StartDate", "tblRates", "StartDate <= #" & Format(Me.txtDate, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#")

will return the last date in tblRates on or before txtDate, and

r1 = DLookup("Rate", "tblRates", "StartDate = #" & Format(d1, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#")

will return the rate for that date. Similarly,

d2 = DMin("StartDate", "tblRates", "StartDate >= #" & Format(Me.txtDate, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#")

will return the first date on or after txtDate, and

r2 = DLookup("Rate", "tblRates", "StartDate = #" & Format(d2, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#")

will return the rate for that date.

BTW, was the reply to <post:=605,701>post 605,701</post:>helpful?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Retrieving Previous Value (2003)

Hi. Yes both posts are proving extremely helpful, although I haven't had time to try them out yet.. (Your posts always prove invaluable.) Andy.