3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Send/Receive (Outlook 2003 SP2)

I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 and I am getting the following Send/Receive error message: Task 'MSN Mailbox - coinman333@msn.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80040126) : 'The operation cannot be performed because the connection to the server is offline.'

My internet connection is fine otherwise as all seems to be working otherwise. I checked on MSN and my email is all there and I fired up Outlook Express and it is there also. I tried rebooting and no improvement with that. I use Outlook Connector with Outlook. I also tried "Detect & Repair" under Outlook/Help. Could this have anything to do with Microsoft Patches from yesterday ? Thanks, in advance for any help !!!

Thanks

Re: Can't Send/Receive (Outlook 2003 SP2)

>> Could this have anything to do with Microsoft Patches from yesterday ?

Did this only start happening yesterday, but was working beforehand OK?

Otherwise, in previous versions of Outlook, there is an option under File to Work Offline - this hasn't accidentally been selected by chance?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I deliberated all day about downloading this "stuff" and thought better of it. before I turned my computer of last evening I though, "what the heck" and did it. Now I have the problem. Is there any way to eliminate these changes ? I don't use system restore. I back up with an Acronis image which is 15 days old ... is there any other way to go back other wise on these updates ? Or do you think it may be something else ? I checked the "Work Offline" and it is set correctly.

Thanks

To an extent you can remove updates - see your Add/Remove applet in your CP and make sure you select 'Show Updates'.

More than that I'm afraid I can't help - hopefully someone else can jump in with ideas...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Also check to see if your anti-virus software requires a patch to work with the latest patches - that can sometimes be an issue.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I went to add remove and I actually didn't see any dated yesterday. I removed the last few anyway to see what would happen with no improvement. Any other suggestion ?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My anti-virus software is up to date. Is there anything else I should do ? Any suggestions appreciated !!!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem Solved - However I have no idea how. After monkeying around with firewalls, antivirus, and other settings I decided to take a break and I minimized Outlook to the taskbar. I was doing some other things on the computer and I heard that familiar "ding". And for those Americans who have seen the commercial, no ... it was not the Southwest Airlines SuperSaver announcement. I looked in the Taskbar and there was the the little envelope. I opened Outlook and all my email was there. I guess that's good but I still have no idea what transpired (and maybe I am better off that way). Yours in ignorance and thanks for the suggestions ... maybe one of them worked ... I'll never know !!!