Thanks

JiWire Hotspot Helper

I just installed JiWires Hotspot helper. This software is supposed to "ensure my privacy when using WiFi hotspots". secure my e-mail, and through their data base show me paid as well as free hotspots. What I know so far is that the installation and set up was a breeze, and once done and on I could not open the shared files on my PC. Once I turned it off, I was able to do so. So at home the system needs to be off unless there is a configuration that I missed. I also sent a test e-mail from my laptop to my PC, and that e-mail got caught by my Choice Mail spam filter. So good so far. I am headed out to Eastern WA and NW Montana and will try it out at two Washington DOT rest areas with free Wi-Fi, and at the motels I will be at as well. The only complaint that I have, is that it took almost two weeks for their tech support people to get back to me with pre-sales questions, and two, their on-line support requires that you register in order to ask questions even before you purchase.
    The cost was $24.95/year, but it comes with a money back guarantee.
    Will let you know how it did upon my return.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks

Re: JiWire Hotspot Helper

Well, I returned from my sales and service trip, and the JiWire Software worked like it was supposed to. The only problem I had with it was at one motel, where because of low signal strength I was barely able to get on line, and the JiWire did not activate. I need to get with their support people to go into that however. At all of the DOT rest areas I stopped at I was able to communicate and download my e-mails and check on the status of my vehicle as well thru my browser application. The toolbar add on indicates the level of security, as well as a "lock" that either shows open or closed.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)