Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Connector (2003)

I, too, am having trouble with Outlook Connector. All of a sudden yesterday morning I stopped receiving any Hotmail or MSN mail via the connector to my Outlook email. I can delete my accounts (one hotmail for me one MSN for my wife), add them back in, restart Outlook and ONE TIME ONLY the connector brings the messages from MSN to Outlook. After that - nothing. As a note, the "status" down at the lower right corner does not show any more. I've tried everything to enable the connector to no avail. Any clues?

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Outlook Connector (2003)

Are the accounts in a Send/Receive group? Any messages if you do a manual Send/Receive?

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

For some strange reason, it started working as mysteriously as it stopped! I had tried many things shy of completely removing and reinstalling Outlook, which I was about to do, and it started up again. Naturally, I had started changing most of my email contacts to Verizon.net which does not link through a connector. Oh well, such is life.

Thanks

Al

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was having these problems also and was pulling my hair out trying various things so I decided to call MSN. They then connected me with someone who worked on Outlook who said there would be a $35.00 incident call as my warranty was out so I hung up. Pulled out some more hair and finally gave up conceding that I would have to pay the money for the relief. When I spoke with someone on the phone I said that the problem started after a recent Microsoft Update and I was told that based on that there would be no charge !!! When I finally got to someone, they told that the problem was on MSN Servers. I asked why they couldn't send an email notifying customers (you could get it on WebMail) and the person had no response. They did take my number and call me each of the next two days until the problem was resolved. That's the end of the Saga.

Lounger
    Thanks

Well now, isn't that interesting. As I said before, it came back as mysteriously as it went away. I wonder why there wasn't more questions about this than there were? Oh well, chalk it up to the old Microsoft screwup syndrome. Thanks for filling in the blanks.

Al