Results 1 to 2 of 2
2006-10-13, 17:41 #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2003
- Kearney, Nebraska, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Database Structure Question (2003)
I'm trying to design a new database structure for a client and am stuck coming up with a decent solution. Here's the basics:
1) Projects is the base table
2) Each project can have multiple permits (i.e. Building, Plumbing, Sewer & Electrical)
3) Each permit type has very different data requirements (sometimes over 75 fields per permit).
3) Each permit can have multiple inspections
Right now we have a project table and a table for each permit type but we'd like to keep one inspection table that would have inspection results from all four permit types together.
The problem with this structure is that we can't tie the inspections directly to the permit nor can we combine all the permit tables into one giant table with a drop-down for permit type. There are just too many unrelated fields that come with each permit.
2006-10-13, 18:16 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Re: Database Structure Question (2003)
You could create a table structure like this:
<table border=1><tr><td>tblProjects</td><td align=right>